Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate D, Communication
Your job and responsibilities:
Interested in communication projects and events? Do you like working with a variety of political and administrative stakeholders at both local and EU level?
As an assistant in the Events Unit, you are part of a high performing, creative and dynamic team. You contribute to the development and organisation of the key events of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR), including their logistical coordination and evaluation process. You also assist in developing conferences, seminars and other events, including those online, in particular with a view to increase outreach towards regional and local authorities. You help ensure the link between CoR events and political priorities, contribute to the implementation of the CoR communication plan as well as its monitoring and evaluation process. You support relations with other EU institutions and event partners. You contribute to accompanying media and social media outreach and help with the development of new online tools and channels in order to increase interactivity with online audiences from across Europe. You also coordinate related budgetary and contractual aspects. In all these tasks and processes, you interact closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at political and administrative levels, with institutional partners, experts, speakers, suppliers and communication partners, as well as with other CoR services such as the cabinets of the President and the Secretary General, the registry, the Commissions etc.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have a good knowledge in the field of communication and experience in the organisation of (large-scale) events and implementation of programmes.
- You have aptitude for coordinating inter-departmental and inter-institutional activities related to the remits of the unit and prepare, collect and analyse indicators for measuring the impact and for evaluating the projects.
- You have the capacity to stay at the forefront of new trends in the area of communication; experience in working on web and social media, online tools and platforms; motivation to learn to use other specific IT applications and online tools, in particular those facilitating online participation.
- You have experience in follow-up on the budgetary, financial and contract planning and post-event reporting and ensuring the legality and regularity of operations. You possess good knowledge of the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the European Union and of their rules of application. Your experience with operational implementation of framework contracts and external service providers is highly appreciated.
- You possess excellent communication, organisation and coordination skills, respect of deadlines, good capacity for summary and analysis (ability to distinguish the essential from the inessential and to identify areas of risks).
- You have thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English is required and a good knowledge of French is desirable; knowledge of other languages would be considered as an asset.
- You are a very good team player, resilient, communicative and a client-oriented person.