Detail of the vacancy notice
Your job and responsibilities
Are you interested in helping the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) achieve effectively and efficiently its objectives? Are you interested in better understanding the functioning of the CoR as a whole? Would you like to help analyse data and draft recommendations for the top management?
As an assistant in the Internal Audit unit, you will be responsible for providing the auditors the necessary support, so as to allow the successfully implementation of the audit work program.
More specifically, you will
- Assist with data collection, analysis and validation
- Draft working documents leading to internal audit reports
- Handle audit files, according to the internal audit standards
- Manage databases concerning the follow-up of audit recommendations
- Prepare presentation documents (in Excel or PowerPoint)
- Provide administrative and secretarial support
Are you the talent we are looking for?
We look for a motivated and discreet colleague, with high ethical standards and an excellent team spirit.
The following are the abilities / competences we look for:
- Good knowledge of financial and budget and/or procurement rules;
- Very good ability to analyse, assimilate information and synthetize, distinguishing the essential from the non-essential;
- Ability to think critically and identify possible risks;
- Ability to rapidly assimilate CoR decisions, internal rules and procedures;
- Ability to work also under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good command of IT applications and tools, as Excel and Word;
- Previous experience in areas relating to the type of duties to be performed (auditing/ /finance/procurement/consulting/risk management) and/or sound experience in administrative management, including filing and archiving of documents;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English, including drafting skills, are required and a basic knowledge of French is desirable.