Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate L, Logistics
Your job and responsibilities
Interested in IT Security? Like to help your colleagues in the IT unit apply best practices in this important and challenging domain?
As an IT security engineer, you are responsible for delivering and supporting IT security systems, operations and procedures:
IT Security Systems
- Prepare – advanced security engineering to achieve high levels of end-point security, and the development of network forensics capability.
- Monitor and Detect – host monitoring and detection of attacks based on log-files and network traffic.
- Respond – implementing the incident response process.
IT Security Operations
- Integrate and operate IT vulnerability assessment tools.
- Integrate and operate IT security-monitoring tools.
IT Security Procedures
- Maintain incident management plans to make the organisation more robust when incidents happen (in close collaboration with the IT security officer).
You will also participate in inter-institutional working groups on IT security such as the ICDT Cybersecurity subgroup and continue to build up expertise in the IT security domain.
The successful candidate will report to the head of the IT Infrastructure sector and work in close collaboration with the IT security officer.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have good knowledge in the field of information and telecommunications technologies.
- You can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of IT security systems and operations.
- Practical experience in the following areas is a clear advantage: developing security use cases in a SIEM system, network packet analysis, developing scripts to automate tasks, Cloud Security.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English is required; a good knowledge of French is desirable.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have the ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- You possess initiative and sense of responsibility.