Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate E, Human Resources and Finance
Recruitment and career Unit
Your job and responsibilities
Are you comfortable with numbers and able to express them in words in a clear, accurate and accessible way? Do you agree that pivot tables, pie charts, Sysper and other BusinessObjects tools are not just abstract concepts straight out of a futuristic dictionary? Do you like working in human resources, variety and versatility, working as part of a team, while also enjoying a degree of independence in carrying out your role?
As an assistant specialised in the production of HR statistics and reports, you will be responsible for developing and updating HR reporting systems in order to provide reliable statistical data on all staff-related matters and to ensure the appropriate support/act as a replacement for the colleague in charge of Sysper (the integrated human resources management tool).
You will update the institution's organisation chart at regular intervals and produce statistics on the institution's staff for both internal and external clients (permanent representations, the Court of Auditors, etc.). Such statistics may concern, for example, staff numbers, gender balance, nationalities, function groups/grades, under-occupation of posts, etc.
You will actively contribute to the production of the Annual Report on Human Resources and to various specific communications in your area of expertise.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have solid experience in producing statistics, managing Excel tables and ideally tools such as BusinessObjects, Sysper or others.
- You preferably have technical training.
- You have excellent analytical and summarising skills (including the ability to separate the essential from the secondary and to identify the risk areas), as well as great organisational skills and a good eye for detail.
- You have a good understanding of the Staff Regulations applicable to staff of the European Institutions.
- You are a meticulous person, with a keen sense of responsibility who knows how to work independently but with team spirit. You possess interpersonal and diplomatic skills, integrity and discretion.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU's official languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English or French is required; at least satisfactory knowledge of the other of these languages would be an asset.
- You have a very good knowledge of the IT applications and tools involved in your field of expertise (Excel, Word, BusinessObjects, SharePoint, etc.).
- Relevant professional experience in the field of statistical production or human resources management would be an asset.