Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate D, Communication
Your job and responsibilities
Interested in figures and financial management? Do you like working in communication projects and with varied political and administrative stakeholders?
As a financial officer in the budget team of the Directorate for Communication, you will be responsible for monitoring budget planning and execution (commitment and payment consumption) in cooperation with the operational services. More specifically, you will be a financial initiating agent using the dedicated IT program (ABAC).
- you oversee budgetary, financial and contract planning and management;
- you initiate financial files for the purposes of validating budgetary and legal commitments, payments, estimates of amount receivable and recovery orders in compliance with the Financial Regulation, its Rules of Application, the Internal Rules for the implementation of the budget and all other applicable rules and procedures, to ensure the legality, regularity and correctness of operations;
- you assist in the preparation of communication calls for tenders in cooperation with the operational services, in particular with the analysis of the financial aspects, as part of public procurement procedures;
- you assist colleagues and contractors in correctly applying financial procedures, including coaching and/or training;
- you report any issue relating to non-compliance with rules or procedures to the Authorising Officer by Sub-delegation and prepare financial exception reports, where necessary;
- you handle the financial aspects of contract management, in particular the monitoring of contract consumption;
- you provide assistance with drawing up annual activity reports and disclosing information for the Business Object programme (ABAC Datawarehouse);
- you update budgetary procedures and put forward proposals on the application of Internal Control Standards relating to budgetary issues.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union. For functional reasons, a high level of English is required and a good knowledge of French is desirable; knowledge of other languages would be considered as an asset.
- You have sound experience in budgetary, financial and contractual management, including use of ABAC and knowledge of the Financial Regulation, its Rules of Application and rules on Public Procurement.
- You have experience with management of framework contracts and external service providers.
- You have a very good capacity for summary and analysis (ability to distinguish the essential from the inessential and to identify areas of risks).
- You have a profound knowledge of Excel and a good command of other IT applications and tools (Outlook, Word, Sharepoint, SAP Business Objects Infoview etc.).
- You are keen on accuracy and you believe keen attention to detail is essential to sound financial management.
- You are service-minded, diplomatic, discreet and have excellent oral and written communication skills.