Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate B, Legislative Work 1
Horizontal Coordination Sector
Contractual and financial management of Budget Line 2620 (studies):
- manage the launch of calls for tenders for framework contracts related to external studies in cooperation with the Public Procurement Sector; in particular, analyse the budgetary and financial aspects in the context of the public procurement procedure;
- initiate financial files for validation of budgetary and legal commitments, payments, estimates of amounts receivable and recovery orders in compliance with the EU Financial Regulation and all other applicable rules and procedures;
- ensure the archiving of all financial files and contracts;
- monitoring and reporting:
a. monitoring of budget planning and execution (commitment and payment consumption),
b. monitoring of contract consumption vis-à-vis ceilings in place,
c. preparation of financial exception reports,
d. preparation of reporting documents to be submitted to CoR political bodies
(e.g. the Commission for Financial and Administrative Affairs - CFAA),
e. follow-up of audit recommendations.
- advise the units of the Directorate on procedures related to studies and contracts management; update these procedures when necessary.
Budgetary monitoring and follow-up for budgetary lines managed by other Directorates:
- support the coordination and monitoring of all budget files of the Directorate ensuring liaison with other Directorates in charge of budget lines related to members, interpretation, speakers and experts, third parties, communication and missions;
- support the units of the Directorate in operational and financial planning and in the correct budgeting of their needs (e.g for external events) in the frame of regular budgetary exercises and contributions to the documents requested by the CFAA;
- support the verification and monitoring of the budget execution and reporting to the management.
Organisation and support for recurring administrative work:
- coordinate the gathering of information and preparation of responses to horizontal requests;
- prepare the Directorate's Annual Management Plan, Rolling Action Plan and Risk Analysis;
- prepare the Directorate's Annual Activity Report;
- follow-up of the CoR's Internal Control Standards working group;
- coordinate the ex-post verification exercise and internal audits.
Qualifications and skills required:
- background in financial or legal matters;
- thorough knowledge of the European Union Financial Regulation and practical experience in the area of EU public procurements;
- strong understanding of the EU budgetary cycle and processes related to budget planning and execution;
- good knowledge of Ms Excel;
- experience in preparing planning documents and administrative reports;
- good team player, communicative and client-oriented person;
- very good organisation and prioritisation skills, good eye for detail;
- thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the EU. For functional reasons, a good knowledge of English is required, a good knowledge of French is considered as an asset.