Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate A, Members and Plenaries
Services to members and eCoR Unit
Your job and responsibilities
If you are interested in figures and have a customer-orientated approach, if you would like to play your part in managing the financial files of our members and in providing the logistical services that the European Committee of the regions (CoR) makes available to them to carry out their work and activities, then this vacancy notice might be for you! We are seeking to strengthen our financial service by recruiting an administrator who is able to quickly integrate into a team of six financial managers and two authorising officers, and bring creativity, precision and attention to detail to the financial management of files.
Being a member of the CoR's Members' Financial Service also requires a high level of discretion, integrity and confidentiality, and strong listening and diplomatic skills, in dealing with both the members of the CoR and its entire staff.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You preferably have a background in economics or accounting, as evidenced by a university degree.
- You are able to quickly get to grips with internal decisions and rules and check that they are correctly applied, to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You have strong analytical and written and oral communication skills enabling you to communicate well with the Committee members.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and at least satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU's official languages. For functional reasons, a very good command of French and/or English is required.
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, etc.) and the financial management system ABAC.
- Five years' professional experience in the field of financial management within the institutions as well as experience or knowledge of air ticketing are strong assets.
- You are equally able to work independently and as part of a team, with attention to detail, and are able to cope with a heavy workload from time to time, delivering high-quality work on time.
- You are able to work in an international and multicultural environment and easily adapt to different situations and changes in the tasks to be performed.