Requests from Ukrainian local and regional authorities
Ukrainian Association of District and Regional Councils sent a
request on behalf of a large list of district centres.
- The office of Mr.
Vitali Klitschko, Mayor of Kyiv, indicated the Charity Fund "Kyiv of the Future", as source of social assistance (bank details
here). You can also send humanitarian aid (list of requested goods is available
here) directly to a coordination point in the Kyiv administration.
Mayor of Nikopol addressed a
request for the following
supplies . The following
bank details and further
contacts were provided to support the Nikopol Regional Charitable Fund "Nikopol's Children".
- The city of Kharkiv shared a list of construction and transport materials; it also shared a list of priority equipment needed to maintain the heating, water and sewerage networks. The city council's Department for Cooperation with International Agencies and Financial Institutions finally distributed a presentation to substantiate such needs.
- Deputy of the Ovidiopol settlement council of the Odesa region, volunteer Vitalina Kolesnyk, requests for humanitarian aid for the children of the community and equipment for elderly people with reduced mobility. Request details at the link.
- The community of Chortkiv (Ternopil Region) addressed a request for delivering an emergency support with the following equipment. The list with contacts details was provided by the Municipal Agency for Local Economic Development for the attention of Europeans cities and regions.
For all the above requests, please send an email to
SupportUkraine@cor.europa.eu for further contact details to arrange delivery.
Request from the Ukrainian diplomatic missions in Brussels
The Ukrainian Mission to the EU shared a
list of humanitarian assistance of needed items. Please reach out to the Ukrainian embassy in your country to arrange the delivery.
The Ukrainian Embassy in Brussels is calling for a list of
humanitarian aid supplies.
Donate and help via other channels
EaP Civil Society Forum: The EaP CSF Secretariat is regularly updating a
verified list of charities and platforms/NGOs, which provide diverse humanitarian or other support to the people of Ukraine.
Assembly of European Regions (AER) is coordinating with organisations in Ukraine and the EU to provide humanitarian relief. More information can be found
Initiatives by CoR members and other EU cities and regions
- The Province of Burgenland launched the aid campaign "Burgenland hilft" (Burgenland helps)
Austrian Association of Municipalities: Five urgently needed vehicles were handed over to Ukraine. Specifically, there are three operational fire trucks, an ambulance and a garbage truck.
City of Vienna: Provided emergency aid from the federal states - MA 5 arranged for the City of Vienna to pay out the federal states' share (EUR 429,000) for the Ukraine aid to ADA: 2022 Ukraine Humanitäre Hilfe der Stadt Wien
- Association ADR-Vlaanderen launched a call to support Ukrainian villages. Read more here .
- Ghent: €50,000 in emergency aid.
Zagreb: Supported by the EU-funded Connection project, led by Eurocities, Zagreb is spending. €50,000 on translation and interpretation services, food and shelter, jobs-searching and requalification.
City of Zagreb: There are 4,951 displaced persons from Ukraine in the area of the City of Zagreb (data from the report on the activities of the City of Zagreb for displaced persons from Ukraine from September 5 to 11, 2022). Detailed information on the assistance provided by the city of Zagreb is described in the attached document (English translation is not provided):Raseljene osobe iz ukrajine GZ Vasco Alves Cordeiro
- Сity of Tartu: Opened reception centre for Ukrainian refugees; volunteer based humanitarian aid centre were run from March till the end of August; granting Ukrainian war refugees the right to travel for free by city bus for one year; Ukrainian war refugees receive a 50% discount on tuition fees until the end of 2022 for education and recreational activities; in cooperation with bus company GoBus, three buses were donated by Tartu City Government to the City of Lviv. Tartu Voluntary Rescuers Society donated search and rescue equipment and two off-road rescue vehicles in March. Since the City of Tartu annually supports the purchase and maintenance of the society's equipment, the city is indirectly related to this donation.
- As announced at the CoR Summit in Marseille, our long term partners Agency for technical cooperation and development - ACTED with the support of the President of the Regional Council of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Renaud Muselier, have set up a mechanism to gather humanitarian aid for Ukrainians fleeing the war through several hubs around France, and are shipping it directly to Poland ( www.acted.org/en/humanitarian-convoys-for-ukraine)". See here the list of needs .
- The city of Marly (France) helps Ukrainians from Drohobytch thanks to its sister-city in Poland. Read the press release.
- Auvergne Rhône-Alpes: The region has released €300,000 for civil-society organisations already working on the ground.
- Les Bouches-Du-Rhône: The town has sent €100,000 to the Red Cross to help refugees and internally displaced people.
- Lille: It has an emergency fund for refugees, totalling €100,000.
- Paris: The French capital is providing €1 million in support to civil society organisations to support the people of Ukraine.
- Rennes: Plans to provide €80,000 in material support to humanitarian organisations.
- Bourgogne-Franche-Comté: The regional Council allocated 300,000€ to the French external action fund of the local authorities, to support Ukrainians. Additionally, emergency aid, camp beds, sleeping bags and other support was sent to NGO Acted and partner regions such as the Opole Voivodeship (Poland) and Central Bohemia (Czech Republic) and the region engages to rebuild an orphanage in the Ukrainian Oblast of Ivano-Frankivsk.
City of Mannheim: In response to the war against Ukraine and the resulting refugee movements, the Mannheim City Council unanimously decided to support the twin cities of Chernivtsi (Ukraine), Chişinău (Republic of Moldova) and Bydgoszcz (Poland) with direct financial aid from the City of Mannheim in the amount of 1 million euros. This and other assistance provided is described in the attached document: Overview Aid Ukraine Mannheim
The Free State of Bavaria: The Free State of Bavaria has provided aid to Ukraine quickly and in many ways. Since the beginning of March 2022, around 500000 euros worth of aid for Ukraine has been financed from the Bavarian State Government's budget alone: Courtesy translation
Deutscher Städtetag | Association of German Cities: The city of Mannheim has provided around 60 tons of relief goods that have reached Mannheim's partner city Chişinău with four aid means of transport, including medical materials, staple food, sanitary items, electrical appliances, and many others.
- Arnoldas Abramavičius (LT/EPP), and his municipality Zarasai (LT) offered two trucks of humanitarian aid to Ukrainian municipality Chemerivtsi. More information and pictures are published here: zarasai.lt . Their cooperation started under pilot peer-to-peer project implemented by the CoR in 20218-2019 with the support of "U-LEAD with Europe" programme.
- Podkarpackie Region together with the Podkarpackie Association of Subnational Government launched a campaign aimed at supporting the emergency services in their partner regions including Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia and Ternopil. The appeal for help includes the list of the most needed equipment.
- " We help Ukraine": the city of Gdansk gathers requests for help and matches them with offers from individuals and organisations via a dedicated website https://ukraina.gdanskpomaga.pl "
- Region of Warmińsko-Mazurskie, at the initiative of Marshal Gustaw Marek Brzezin (PL/EPP), aims humanitarian aid at its partner Rivne Region in Western Ukraine. If any CoR member or local/regional entity would like to join those activities and direct their support to Rivne, please sent an email to: email@example.com
Marshal Cezary Przybylski (ECR/PL) of Lower Silesia launched International Humanitarian Aid Hub in Wrocław to help Ukraine DOLNY ŚLĄSK > RBWD > Aktualności (dolnyslask.pl)
The mayor of Kyiv, Vitali Klitschko, and the deputy mayor of Gdańsk, Piotr Grzelak, signed on 8 November, in Kyiv, a declaration of cooperation between Polish and Ukrainian cities to work together for peace in Europe. The declaration is open to other signatories.
City of Bialystok: Transport for refugees, humanitarian transport, food, cosmetics and hygiene products, medicines, etc. were organized. Accommodation and Polish language lessons were also provided. Detailed information provided by the City of Bialystok can be found in the attached document: Pomoc Białegostoku ukraińskim uchodźcom
Wielkopolska Region: Approximately 180,000 Ukrainian citizens found shelter in the Wielkopolska Region (this is about 5% of the region's population, totaling about 3.5 million inhabitants). More information in the document: Wielkopolska Region for UA info for CoR EN
- In Romania, Timișoara City Hall, civil society, religious communities, local entrepreneurs and volunteers have united their forces to help Ukrainian citizens fleeing from the war: https://timisoarapentruucraina.ro/en/
- Maramureș County (Romania) helps Ukrainian refugees. Read the letter.
Cluj-Napoca: The support group for Ukraine - was established in Cluj-Napoca municipality and this group included NGOs, private companies, and a total of over 70 local initiatives. A brief summary of the activities is given in the document: Measures taken at local level in Cluj-Napoca
Harghita County: The volunteer Firefighters Association of Harghita County is constantly involved in delivering donations and transporting refugees from Ukraine.
Timiș County: Timiș County Council has allocated funds from the reserve fund (approximately 50.000€) to The Red Cross in Ukraine for medication, hygiene, and sanitary products, food, and bedding to cater to the most urgent needs.
More CoR EPP Members who are welcoming refugees and sending various forms of aid to Ukraine are sharing their initiatives on this page. The list is being constantly updated (contact information are available on the bottom of the page).
This Info-Support Hub is an initiative led by the CoR Working Group on Ukraine for EU local/regional authorities and territorial stakeholders offering information, support and advocacy.