Change of venue for the morning session: European Parliament, JAN building, room 4Q2
On 16 March, the new #CohesionAlliance organizes its first high-level event in 2023 which launches the reflection process on the future of Cohesion Policy. The event is therefore intended to discuss:
- the key challenges and future objectives of Cohesion Policy particularly with regard to the digital and green transition and demographic change,
- suggestions on what should be strengthened and which evolution path should be suggested in the future,
- the key role of Cohesion as a key objective for all EU policies,
- ideas on how this principle could be strengthened, monitored and put into practice.
The meeting is divided into two parts:
1. a political debate on the challenges and opportunities facing Cohesion policy and its future with leading representatives of the #CohesionAlliance partners (10:45-13:00,
European Parliament, JAN building, room 4Q2)
2. a number of discussions with experts on how the "do no harm to cohesion" principle can be implemented (14:30-17:45,
European Committee of the Regions, Rue Belliard 99-101, room JDE 62)
The results of this high-level meeting shall feed in the future work on the #CohesionAlliance on Cohesion as well as the ongoing work of the European Committee of the Regions with regard to the implementation of the "do no harm to cohesion" principle and the future of Cohesion Policy.
The #CohesionAlliance is a joint movement of like-minded representatives of EU institutions, of cities and regions and their associations, of social partners and civic society representatives that advocate Cohesion as a fundamental value of the EU and plead for a strong Cohesion Policy beyond 2027.
Interpretation will be provided for the following languages: EN, FR, DE, PL, IT, RO (tbc)
The most updated agenda is available
To attend the event, in person or online, please fill in the registration form here.
You will be able to watch the live stream of the event at the links below.