About this event
We are pleased to share with you the invitation to the #MC2CMDays, an event organized by the Mediterranean City-to-City Migration (MC2CM) project which will take place from 20 to 24 September 2021 in presence at Bluepoint Brussels, and around the world online.
The event will consist of one High-Level Dialogue and four Thematic Sessions, aimed at discussing the role local authorities will play in the Renewed EU Partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood, the new Agenda for the Mediterranean and the New Pact on Migration and Asylum, and presenting critical contemporary areas of urban migration policy in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The event is also set to include keynote addresses from Mr. Mark Speich, Chair of Commission for Citizenship, Governance, Institutional and External Affairs (CIVEX) of the European Committee of the Regions, and Mr. Vincenzo Bianco, Rapporteur of the European Committee of the Regions on the renewed partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood.
Every Thematic Session will showcase relevant best practices, discuss proposals for better migration governance at local level and address future concerns for urban migration policy, such as:
- Inclusive citizenship and cities in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- Private sector engagement and labour integration of migrants in Euro-Mediterranean cities.
- Promoting balanced migration narratives at local level.
- Gender, migration and sustainable inclusion in cities.
Being a hybrid event, a limited number of participants will be able to attend in person. Therefore, prompt registration is encouraged. Networking opportunities will be provided before and after each session, in respect of ongoing COVID-19 related regulations.
Key event information:
- Date:From 20 to 24 September 2021
- 20 September, 10:00 - 12:30 CET: High-Level Dialogue: Renewed partnerships and migration governance in the Mediterranean: Local governments as assets for sustainability
- 21 September, 11:00 - 12:30 CET: Inclusive citizenship and cities in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- 22 September, 11:00 - 12:30 CET: Private sector engagement and labour integration of migrants in Euro-Mediterranean cities.
- 23 September, 11:00 - 12:30 CET: Promoting balanced migration narratives at local level.
- 24 September ,11:00 - 13:00 CET: Gender, migration and sustainable inclusion in cities.
- Location: Bluepoint, 80 Bd A. Reyers Ln, 1030 Brussels or online from anywhere in the world
For more information, see Mediterranean City-to-City Migration (MC2CM) - Website (icmpd.org)