The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an opinion on the "Action Plan on the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030".
The Rapporteur of the opinion, Adam Banaszak (PL/ECR), Member of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Regional Assembly, together with his expert, Pawel Modrzynski, would be delighted to meet representatives of local and regional associations and other stakeholders for a consultation and an exchange of views on the relevant topics of this opinion.
The consultation will take place on:
17 January 2017 between 11.00 and 12.30
At the premises of the European Committee of the Regions
(Rue Belliard 99-101, B-1040 Brussels)
Room JDE 70
The Rapporteur would be very keen to hear your views during the meeting. After a short introduction by the rapporteur, stakeholders will be invited to exchange views with the Rapporteur.
To shape the debate, several questions have been listed:
- What benefits would a more relevant EU involvement in disaster risk reduction (DRR) strategies have for local and regional authorities?
- What are the current challenges for LRA in setting up DRR strategies?
- How could public-private partnerships in DRR look like?
- Which additional data would be beneficial to LRAs for a better planning of DRR strategies?
- Which role does the Sendai framework play for European cities and regions in planning their DRR strategies?
In addition, if you have any position papers relevant to the subject, you are welcome to send them to us by e-mail using the addresses below.
The meeting will be held in Polish and English with simultaneous interpretation, allowing you to speak in both languages. Please note that the Rapporteur's language is Polish.
You can already register to participate in this debate to shape the Rapporteur's views.
REGISTRATION HAS BEEN CLOSED
For more information, please contact the NAT Commission secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in order to reduce paper waste, the CoR will not provide paper copies of documents for the meeting.