Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate B, Legislative Work 1
Deadline: 15/09/2022 12:00
B2 – ENVE Commission
Your job and responsibilities
Are you interested in contributing to shaping Green Deal policy areas? Being a part of a dynamic team, holding a wide set of responsibilities and having frequent contacts with the members of the European Committee of the Regions?
Do you have a good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, and of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) in particular? Do you possess a solid understanding of the interaction between administrative services and the political dimension of the CoR? Are you interested in being part of a dynamic team, holding a varied set of responsibilities, and having broad contacts with many CoR services?
As an administrator in the Directorate for Legislative Work 1, in the Commission for the Environment, Climate change and Energy (ENVE), you will be responsible for:
- Policy coordination, expert input, guidance and monitoring, and contribution to legislative and political works of the ENVE Commission
- Providing high-quality policy support to members and promotion of CoR political messages in the policy fields of the ENVE Commission
- Contributing to preparations of ENVE meetings and events, and other statutory meetings of CoR
- Management of relevant studies
- Active engagement in the Green Deal Going Local campaign
- Fostering regular contact and cooperation with counterparts in other EU institutions and external partners
- Development of specific (inter-institutional) projects in the area of Green Deal
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have an in-depth expertise and knowledge of policy and/or its implementation in ENVE commission' areas of competence, with main focus on the Green Deal framework: specifically in relation to mitigation, adaptation, energy, nature and biodiversity, zero pollution, sustainable development goals, and horizontal aspects of the implementation of EU climate and environment law, in particular at subnational scale. Good knowledge of the CoR4ClimatePact, Covenant of Mayors and of the Green City Accord would be an asset.
- You have solid experience interacting with numerous inter-institutional stakeholders and external partners, including coordination of common projects.
- You have a strong record of delivery in a complex public authority or organisation where a proactive approach is required.
- You have excellent drafting skills, both in the field of policy analysis and in the domain of policy briefings and dissemination; in addition, you have strong communication skills in order to communicate efficiently and fluently with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have very good knowledge of the EU institutions, policies, as well as of the CoR, including strong appreciation of the different political stakeholders.
- You have very strong analytical skills and are able to apply them in policy work, you are a quick learner with intellectual curiosity, with strong ability to work independently and proactively.
- You have experience working within teams and on shared or horizontal projects, you have good organisational and prioritisation skills, with an eye for detail.
- You have very good command of videoconferencing tools and proven capacity of working with remote teams.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a very good command of English is required and a good command of French would be an advantage; a good command of other EU languages would be an additional asset.
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.).
- You have a university degree in a domain related to the area of law, political science or environmental sciences; other degrees connected to the remits of the ENVE commission could be considered.