The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an Opinion on "Implementing the Clean Energy Package: the INECPs as a tool for local and territorial governance approach to climate, active and passive energy".
To discuss the topic of the opinion, the Rapporteur Mr. József RIBÁNYI (HU/EPP) and his expert would be happy to meet with you on:
3rd April 2019 from 15.00 to 18.00
(Registration will start at 14.30)
in the Committee of the Regions building
(Rue Belliard 101, B-1040 Brussels)
Room JDE 51
The meeting will be held in Hungarian and English (active interpretation available in EN and HU)
Mr. Ribányi has prepared a Working Document which can be found at this link in English. The rapporteur strives for the highest possible quality input and widest range of different views for his opinion and we believe your expertise will greatly contribute to achieving this objective. In case you want to share written input related to the topic, you are invited to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (depending on when your contribution arrives we will be able to take it into account during the discussion or during the drafting of the draft opinion)
Key questions to be addressed during the meeting are:
- How can we ensure that Local and Regional Authorities (LRAs) are fully taken into account in the drafting of the Integrated National Energy and Climate Plans (INECPs)?
- Which mechanisms are available for LRAs to provide their input to the INECPs? What are the practical ways available to Member States' governments to gather LRA input in this late stage of drafting the INECPs?
- What is the progress in the Member States on implementing the multilevel climate and energy dialogue? What are the current best practices regarding implementation of the multilevel climate and energy dialogue?
- Which aspects in the INECPs can benefit most from input by LRAs?
- Are there particular topics of interest to LRAs that are insufficiently addressed in the draft INECPs that are available?
- Are there inconsistencies and conflicts or rather potential synergies between the different pieces of legislation in the field, between the INECPS and the European Union Long Term Strategy towards 2050 and between the ongoing initiatives and best practices, as for example, the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy?
- How can the information and experience gained through the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy be integrated into the different INECPs?
- Which recommendations to the INECPs would we like to see made by the European Commission in June 2019?
- Which role do you see for the Committee of the Regions in the drafting of the INECPs
The adoption calendar of the opinion is as follows:
- First week of May 2019: deadline for the rapporteur to submit his draft opinion document (with political recommendations);
- 22 May 2019: deadline for ENVE members to table amendments to the text;
- 12 June 2019, CoR external ENVE Commission: adoption of the CoR draft opinion;
- 7-9 October 2019, CoR Plenary Session: adoption of the final CoR opinion.
Please register by Monday, 1st April 2019 via the registration form.