The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an
opinion on Single Use Plastic based on the legislative proposal by the European Commission,
which can be found here.
The rapporteur on the opinion, Ms Sirpa Hertell (FI/EPP), would be happy to meet with representatives of local and regional associations and other stakeholders for a consultation and an exchange of views on the relevant topic of this opinion.
The consultation will take place on:
5 September 2018
9 am to 1 pm
Room: JDE 51
in the Committee of the Regions building
Rue Belliard 99-101
After a short introduction by the rapporteur, stakeholders will be invited to provide their contribution on the main opinion's topics, such as:
- Local and regional authorities role in reducing marine litter and tackling the problem of single-use plastics;
- CoR role in the future evaluation and review of the directive;
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) system;
- Awareness raising measures;
- Deposit Return schemes;
- How to tackle wasteful and damaging plastic litter through legislative action.
The meeting will be held in English and the agenda will be provided on the week of the event.
Should you wish to participate, please
4 September 2018 eob.
If you are not able to participate, but you wish to provide your written contribution, please send the document to
firstname.lastname@example.org in copy.
Please note that in order to reduce paper waste, the CoR will not provide paper copies of documents for the meeting.