The members of the European Commitee of the Regions met in the 123rd plenary session.
Eleven opinions and two resolutions were on the agenda of this plenary session.
On the first day, Mr Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, addressed the Plenary in the context of the "Reflecting on Europe" strategy. Mr Jyrki Katainen, Vice-President of the European Commission, exchanged views with CoR members.
On the second day, Ms Gudrun Mosler-Törnström, President of the Congress of the Council of Europe, debated with members. Mr Günther H. Oettinger, Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources, spoke about the Draft Annual Budget 2018.
The list of opinions which were adopted during the May plenary session:
- The Future of Cohesion Policy beyond 2020, rapporteur Mr Michael Schneider (DE/EPP)
- Improving the governance of the European Semester: a Code of Conduct for the involvement of local and regional authorities, rapporteur Mr Rob Jonkman (NL/ECR)
- Smart Regulation for SMEs, rapporteurs Mr Christian Buchmann (AT/EPP) and Mr Paul Lindquist (SE/EPP)
- Financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union, rapporteur Mr Michiel Rijsberman (NL/ALDE)
- A new stage in the European policy on blue growth, rapporteur Mr Christophe Clergeau (FR/PES)
- Health in cities: the common good, rapporteur Mr Roberto Pella (IT/EPP)
- Social innovation as a new tool for addressing societal challenges, rapporteur Ms Marcelle Hendrickx (NL/ALDE)
- The local and regional dimension of the Bioeconomy and the role of cities and regions, rapporteur Ms Katrin Budde (DE/PES)
- Investing in Europe's youth and the European Solidarity Corps, rapporteur Mr Paweł Grzybowski (PL/ECR)
- Entrepreneurship on Islands: contributing towards territorial cohesion, rapporteur Ms Marie-Antoinette Maupertuis (FR/EA)
- 2016 Comminication on the EU Enlargement Policy, rapporteur Mr Rait Pihelgas (EE/ALDE)
Two Resolutions were also on the agenda: a Resolution on the European Commission White Paper on the Future of Europe
and a Resolution on the Draft Annual EU BUdget for 2018