Your job and
As an Administrator in Unit B.I - Coordination, Planning, Impact, Future of Europe, Better Lawmaking, EU Treaties, you will be part of the team of the Directorate for Legislative Work 1.. You will be directly involved in the design of the organizational tasks of the strategic planning of its activities. You will be invited to contribute actively, within the framework of the Directorate’s mandate, to the work of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) bodies.
The post requires a great interest in coordination activities and calls for regular interaction with other services. You must show a genuine interest in EU policies, the CoR's political contribution to the EU decision-making process, and ensure that the institution's political priorities can be traced in the contributions of its bodies.
In particular, you will be responsible, together with the Deputy Director and in liaison with other services, including the CIVEX secretariat, for preparing the CoR’s contribution to the activities of the Conference on the Future of Europe, feeding into the political work of the members representing the institution, and monitoring all preparatory work and related debates as well as ensuring the follow-up of its results.
As an Administrator, you will provide assistance to members, internal expertise in the areas of competence of the institution, while ensuring cooperation and liaison with relevant stakeholders, such as the other institutions. You will also represent the Directorate, where necessary, in the thematic administrative working groups.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have knowledge of the areas covered by Directorate B;
- You are familiar with the dynamics of highly structured political processes and administrative procedures;
- You have excellent analytical skills, ease of learning and intellectual curiosity for European affairs;
- You have a very good ability to work in a team, you are a communicative, customer-oriented and adaptable person;
- You have very good organization and prioritization skills, as well as attention to detail;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and at least a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English and at least a good knowledge of French are required;
- Experience in working in contact with political representatives of a local or regional authority would be a major asset.