The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an opinion on "Strategic approach to resilience in the EU's external action".
The rapporteur of the opinion, rapporteur-general: Marcin Ociepa (PL/ECR), President of Opole City Council - Poland, together with his expert, Bartosz Maziarz, would be delighted to meet representatives of local and regional associations and other stakeholders for a consultation and an exchange of views on the relevant topics of this opinion.
The consultation will take place on:
27 July 2017 between 15.30 and 17.00
At the premises of the European Committee of the Regions
(Rue Belliard 99-101, B-1040 Brussels)
Room JDE 53
The rapporteur would be very interested to hear your views during the meeting. After a short introduction by the rapporteur, stakeholders will be invited to share their experience and exchange views with the rapporteur.
To shape the debate, we would suggest the following questions:
- What role should be played by local and regional authorities in promoting resilient societies?
- Which measures should be taken at EU level in order to strengthen the capabilities at local and regional level to boost resilience in rapidly-growing urban areas?
- What should be the measures that need to be implemented at sub-national level with the purpose of developing governance systems that promote resilience to climate change and the sustainable management of natural resources?
- Resilience is context-specific and requires tailor-made approaches. What is your organisation's experience in promoting resilient systems?
- Do you have recommendations to the European Institutions on how to promote resilient strategies for European sub-national authorities when dealing with external partners?
In addition, if you have any position papers relevant to the subject, you are welcome to send them to us by e-mail using the address below.
The meeting will be held in Polish (tbc) and English with simultaneous interpretation, allowing you to speak in both languages. Please note that the Rapporteur's language is Polish.
You can already register to participate in this debate to shape the rapporteur's views. For practical reasons, you are kindly asked to register online before 12.00 p.m. on 26 July 2017.