Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate B, Legislative Work 1
Your job and responsibilities
Interested in political and strategic developments specifically regarding EU migration and subsidiarity policy? Do you like working with many and varied political and administrative stakeholders on both a local and an EU level?
As an Administrator in the CONST sector of the CIVEX Commission secretariat, you are responsible for following up CIVEX activities related to migration, subsidiarity and the Future of Europe, policy areas at the core of strategic debates within the CoR. Occasionally you are expected to work across the Unit's varied competencies. You interact closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at political and administrative levels, as well as with other CoR services such as the cabinets of the President and the Secretary General, the registry, the Events Unit etc.
You follow-up and analyse political developments in your policy areas as well as support the CoR consultative work. This will help you prepare briefings, analytical notes, speeches and press releases.
As an Administrator, you support the work of CIVEX Commission members and rapporteurs and provide in house expertise on your policy areas, while cooperating and liaising with relevant stakeholder such as other institutions, regional offices, NGO's etc. You also represent the CoR in topical administrative working groups.
You also contribute to the organisation and preparation of CIVEX Commission meetings and related meetings and hearings, thus ensuring the proper functioning of the Commission's secretariat with the rest of the team.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and at least a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English and at least good knowledge of French is necessary; knowledge of German would be considered as an asset.
- You have thorough knowledge of and experience in fields covered by the CIVEX commission, especially the constitutional aspects of European law and migration issues would be an asset.
- You are comfortable with dynamic policy processes and with highly structured administrative procedures.
- You have very strong analytical capabilities, quick learning and intellectual curiosity.
- You are a very good team player, communicative and client-oriented person, resilience.
- You have very good organisation and prioritisation skills, good eye for detail.
- A legal background and experience in national/regional/local government or in the private sector, is a strong asset