Throughout the European Union local and regional levels have key responsibilities for policies and activities related to education, culture, youth and sports. They are also key players in developing regional research and innovation strategies, and in harnessing the full potential of information and communication technologies to the benefit of society.
The EDUC Commission provides a forum for representatives from local and regional authorities to provide input to other European Institutions and exchange good practices in these fields.
- Information and communication strategy of the EU
- Life-long learning
- Culture and cultural diversity
- Multilingualism and promotion of minority languages
- Research and technology
- Information society and trans-European telecommunication networks
- Communications, audiovisual industry and media