Submit an application consisting of the following items: vision plan and action plan including implementation/governance measures and planned communication activities. It should demonstrate that the EER strategy is backed by an endorsed political commitment to implement the vision, e.g. by the Regional Assembly, the Government of the region or other authorised bodies. Regions should demonstrate clearly which actors will be responsible for the implementation of concrete measures. The key point is the development of the region's entrepreneurial potential!
All EU regions endowed with competences at a political level and able to implement an overall entrepreneurial vision are welcome to participate! "Regions” are defined in the broader sense as regions, Länder, communities, autonomous communities, departments, provinces, counties, metropolitan regions and any other political level with relevant competences to accomplish their engagements.
To be awarded the EER label, a region should put forward a vision plan responding to the following criteria:
- The Small Business Act for Europe (SBA) and the main EU policy initiatives and instruments, e.g. Europe 2020 strategy and the Single Market Act;
- Promotion of Entrepreneurship while ensuring full coherence between the region's and the EU's entrepreneurial agenda;
- Cross-cutting themes/EU dimension, e.g. making optimal use of EU and other public funding and Being proactive and build up the EER year itself, whilst also taking into account what will happen after the EER year;
- Regional integration and cooperation among all actors within the region but also among the EER regions and Better integrating the region into its surrounding geographical area market;
- Sustainability, e.g. contributing to achieving Europe's "20-20-20" targets;
- Implementation, governance and communication: ensure implementation of the proposed actions, preferably on the basis of a set of indicators, and present an appropriate communication strategy.
Please consult the application form for more details.