The Committee of the Regions (CoR) can host events (conferences, receptions, seminars and exhibitions) organised by a variety of bodies, such as regional representations, EU institutions, regional associations, foundations.
Please read carefully the Rules of procedure (EN) before submitting your application form (EN). The programme of your event must be attached.
- Your event must be supported by a CoR Member (the name must appear in the application form) – not applicable to EU institutions
- Your event must be attended by a minimum of 50 delegates (in addition to organisers and speakers)
- The event must not have a commercial purpose; no commercial activity is allowed on the CoR premises
- All events taking place at the CoR must be free of charge (no participation fee is allowed)
Failure to respect any of these rules may result in the CoR cancelling your event at any time.
Your event should respect the following schedule:
- Monday: 09:30 -17:30
- Tuesday – Thursday: 09:00 – 17:30
- Friday: 09:00 – 15:30
What does the CoR offer?
The following logistics are provided free of charge by the CoR:
- State-of-the-art conference venues to accommodate delegates from 50 to 150
- In-house signage and badging
- Supply of technical equipment (podium, screens, clip-microphones etc.)
- Announcement of your event on the CoR webpages and in the CoR electronic publications
Catering services are available from the CoR contractor at the organisers' expense, but organisers can also contract external catering services under certain conditions.
Interpretation services for external events shall be organised and paid by the organisers.
Capacity of conference rooms
Click on the meeting room number to see the picture
- JDE 51: 109 seats + 13 for the speakers, 11 interpretation booths
- JDE 52: 150 seats + 15 for the speakers, 13 interpretation booths
- JDE 53: 55 seats + 7 for the speakers, 3 interpretation booths
- JDE 70: 50 seats + 16 for the speakers, 7 interpretation booths
- VMA 1: 80 seats + 55 seats (with non-permanent headphones) + 11 for the speakers, 10 interpretation booths
- Atrium 5: used for receptions and similar events (max. capacity: 500 persons)
- Foyer 5: generally used for exhibitions (max. capacity: 150 persons)
How to apply
- Conference: Applications to hold a conference, a seminar or a similar event in the CoR should be made using the appropriate application form (EN) to be submitted minimum 3 months in advance. A final reply will be sent within 10 working days. All further correspondance shall be sent by email to ConferencesCdR@cor.europa.eu
- Exhibition: Applications to hold an exhibition at the CoR should be made using the appropriate application form (EN) to be submitted 4-6 months in advance, with detailed information on the theme and technical specifications/requirements. All further correspondence shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The duration of an exhibition is two weeks from Monday to Friday.
- For questions related to the organisation of conferences or similare events: conferencesCdR@cor.europa.eu
- For questions related to the organisation of an exhibition: email@example.com
- Postal address:
Committee of the Regions
Communication, Press and Events Directorate
Conference and Exhibitions Service
rue Belliard 99-101
B - 1040 Brussels