In accordance with European law on public access to archives (1):
- the Committee Archives may be consulted freely 30 years after their creation;
- their consultation shall comply with the rules on the protection of personal data (2);
- any documents made accessible to the public before the 30-year period has expired are to remain accessible without restriction.
Committee of the Regions of the European Union
Rue Belliard/Belliardstraat 99
Access to the Committee of the Regions' buildings is subject to security requirements, including the production of an identity document.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m. and 2.30-5.00 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-12.30 p.m.
Easter (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Monday), 1 May, 9 May, Ascension (Thursday and Friday), Whit Monday, 21 July, 15 August, 1 & 2 November, and between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Equipment in the room and reproduction of documents
The consultation room provides access to file search tools and is equipped with a microfiche reader.
Copies of documents consulted may be obtained free of charge.
(1) Council Regulation (EEC, Euratom) No 354/83 of 1 February 1983 concerning the opening to the public of the historical archives of the European Economic Community and the European Atomic Energy Community (OJ L 43 of 15.2.1983) and Council Regulation (EC, Euratom) No 1700/2003 of 22 September 2003 amending Council Regulation (EEC, Euratom) No 354/83 concerning the opening to the public of the historical archives of the European Economic Community and the European Atomic Energy Community (OJ L 243, 27.9.2003).
(2) Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data (OJ L 8, 12.1.2001).