The temporary Ad-hoc Commission on the EU Budget (BUDG) is the continuation of the Bureau working group that operated between 2006 and 2010. Created in accordance with Rule 45 of the CoR Rules of Procedure, it was set up by the CoR plenary assembly at the beginning of its new mandate in February 2010. The plenary assembly decided that that Ad-hoc Commission would remain in place until the end of the current five-year term (2010-2015).
The mandate of the temporary Ad-hoc Commission on the EU budget is:
- To draw up a draft CoR opinion on the European Commission's proposal on the review of the EU's financial framework, and submit it to the CoR Plenary Assembly;
- To draw up other opinions as deemed appropriate by the Bureau, regarding the budget debate within the EU;
- To ensure consistency between the opinions of the different CoR commissions and the CoR's stances on the budget debate and the review and reform processes under way;
- Where necessary, to provide a political interface with the other institutions and in particular with the most closely concerned EP committees, the Commission, the Council and the EU presidencies;
- To represent the CoR externally, in appropriate forms, throughout the budget debate.